You are here
LOCATION: Cafe Mordern One - Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One | SALARY: Dependant on experience | TYPE: Full time
Are you energetic, a passionate foodie and enjoy a team environment? We are looking to recruit a great creative baker to work at Café Modern One at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One!
To be successful in this role you will have proven capability as a time-served baker as well as successful delivery of production controls. Previous experience in a retail bakery role and holding a relevant food safety qualification would be an advantage.
- Proven experience of baking large volumes of cakes including tray bakes speciality cakes as well as a selection of vegan, gluten free and dairy free baking and bread making
- Our bakers deliver high volume in a compact environment and therefore require a hands-on, flexible approach to work
- You also ensure full compliance with food safety requirements. Previous experience in a retail bakery role and holding a relevant food safety qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with suppliers, placing orders and costings
- Be able to co-ordinate many activities at once with good communication
- Good understanding of English, both written and orally
This is a full time position – 5 days/7 including weekend work with no split shifts. Shifts run from 8am to 4/5pm. Some evening work will occasionally be required as we do events.
Pay dependant on experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced baker keen to put their knowledge and passion to the test with a great company with high standards.
This is a challenging but exciting role. Please send your CV & a short note about yourself and why you think you would be the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following when applying:
• Heritage Portfolio is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
• Please note that we are unable to acknowledge all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
• If you have not been contacted within four weeks of applying, you unfortunately have not been selected for interview.
• Only those with a right to work in the UK will be considered.