You are here
Business Development Executive
LOCATION: Edinburgh | SALARY: £26K - £28K | TYPE: Full Time
Are you an experienced sales professional with a passion for events and a proactive mindset?
We are Heritage Portfolio Limited, a specialist caterer working for discerning clients in buildings of distinction with the aim of helping our clients to create an experience beyond food. Established in 2002 our client list includes many of Edinburgh and Scotland’s finest venues and we provide great parties and special events, as well as running fantastic cafes within leading visitor attractions.
As the demand for our stunning venues and exciting events continues to surge, we are thrilled to expand our Sales & Events team and invite an exceptional individual to join us in this newly crafted position.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in proactive Business Development, involving some of Edinburgh's most remarkable venues such as Signet Library and Mansfield Traquair
At Heritage Portfolio, our esteemed clientele trusts us to deliver an end-to-end service, backed by our unparalleled reputation for professionalism, ingenuity, and artistic prowess, which has garnered us numerous accolades.
When you become part of the Heritage Portfolio family, you will not only find a sense of belonging but also countless opportunities to excel and advance within our organisation. We eagerly await the chance to welcome you aboard!
- Support wider sales team to achieve venue sales budgets
- Achieve monthly KPIs set out by your line manager
- Identifying new sales leads throughout the UK who have the potential to place event business into the HPL Scotland venues.
- Generate leads and make introductory appointments
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business and growth of accounts.
- Research corporate companies, event agents and individuals to identify new leads and potential new business
- Continuously seek out new business opportunities and maximize each lead potential
- Research our competitors and conduct quarterly competitor analysis in order to stay ahead of competition and gain market share
- Conduct site visits with the senior sales team in order to deepen understanding of the HPL venues and build on client knowledge
- Plan and oversee new ways to showcase Heritage Portfolio to prospective new clients
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events throughout the UK in order to generate new leads
The Ideal Candidate
- A track record in the Events Industry in particular event sales
- Previous experience in the MICE market is an advantage
- Knowledge of the event market in Scotland
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results in a variety of projects
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Confident, ambitious and passionate with the ability to use own initiative
- A good researcher, negotiator, and client focussed approach
- Ability to build excellent client relationships
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication verbal & written skills
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
If you are interested, please apply now!
Heritage Portfolio Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please note that we are unable to acknowledge all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks, you have not been selected for interview. Only those with a right to work in the UK will be considered.