You are here
LOCATION: Edinburgh | SALARY: Competitive salary + company bonus + flex benefits | TYPE: Full-time
Executive Chef wanted!
If you’ve made your way here, we’re guessing you’re an exceptional Executive Chef; a true Kitchen alchemist that conjures and create thrilling menus and phenomenal cuisine that tantalises tastebuds and leaves guests astounded.
You lead by example, you instil excitement and passion, you’re maverick, you aren’t afraid to the break the rules, you’re proud of the dishes you create and the team you lead - you never stand still in your quest to be the best.
Chef’s kiss, we share the same spirit of conquest and we want to hear from you. Not since 2003 has this role come to the open market. Why? Quite simply, we treat our people with respect, we retain the very best and we never stand still in ensuring excellence travels wherever we go – so join us on our journey.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Razor sharp ability to manage multiple outlets, kitchens, CPU and craft teams across Edinburgh, London, infinity and beyond
- To manage Heritage Portfolio’s North Fort Street CPU and the satellite events kitchens it supports
- To ensure prompt and efficient production/ preparation and service of meals to the Company and Client’s satisfaction for all events that fall under the Scottish HPL team’s responsibility to deliver (this could be anywhere within the UK)
- Lead the innovation and development strategy to ensure that Heritage Portfolio maintains its position as the leader in the market
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the CPU and all satellite Event kitchens, to the required standard
- Manage and control all CPU and event delivery costs with particular emphasis on purchasing and labour costs to achieve annual budget
- Coach/mentor unit chefs to improve and innovate offers and standards
- Client interaction at tastings and food development
- Work with the Heritage Portfolio values and ethos to ensure a positive culture is apparent through all culinary teams
- Work with the wider Sodexo Live culinary teams to offer support, engage with wider company initiatives and strategic planning
- Act as a culinary ambassador for Heritage Portfolio
What you will bring:
- Strong business and commercial acumen: that’s why we are here
- A leader in health and safety compliance: safety is an absolute must
- A strong strategic planner: structure and rigor will be key
- Ability to implement a culinary vision and strategy: without a vision we are rudderless
- Track record in building and motivating teams: it not a one man/woman show, it’s a team effort
- A good cultural fit for Heritage Portfolio: if you don’t love food, we don’t love you
- Ability to drive a culture of creativity and innovation: we lead not follow
- Hunger and passion to create remarkable food: no short cuts
- Drive and commitment to our belief of: Never Standing Still
To apply, please send CVs to: email@example.com
Please note the following when applying:
Heritage portfolio is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are unable to acknowledge all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Only those with a right to work in the UK will be considered.