You are here
LOCATION: Dundas Castle | SALARY: From £35k | TYPE: Full-time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based at Dundas Castle, one of Scotland’s most beautiful and historic castles near Edinburgh.
Our prestigious client base knows they can trust us to deliver a turnkey service from start to finish, and our reputation for professionalism, innovation and sheer artistry means we have won a plethora of awards.
Our talented team of hospitality specialists manage the full events calendar for Dundas and this role will oversee this operation ensuring it is delivered to an exceptionally high standard.
You will be experienced in managing a team in the events industry and demonstrate a real passion for food and catering bringing to life your love of our industry to our client and customers.
This is a truly exceptional role, working in an amazing venue, delivering first class events throughout the year.
At Heritage Portfolio our people not only look after our customers and clients, they are the heart and soul of our business. Renowned for being a cut above the rest, we would love for you to join the team
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for contract are in place
- To plan, execute and monitor exceptional Food Safety and Health and Safety standards in all areas of the venue and contract remit
- Responsibility and accountability in delivery of all financial aspects of the account
- Meet with sales and marketing teams to assist in creating marketing plans, offer support at trade shows and Fam trips to the benefit of Dundas Castle and Heritage Portfolio
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- Consistently engaging with the team ensuring innovation of service styles and food offers
- For a full list of responsibilities please review the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience managing a team in the events industry
- Financial awareness and understanding of a profit and loss account
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Demonstrable experience in a high-volume catering environment
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
Click here for the full job description and to apply.
Heritage Portfolio Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note that we are unable to acknowledge all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks, you have not been selected for interview. Only those with a right to work in the UK will be considered.