You are here
Hospitality & Events Manager
LOCATION: Edinburgh | SALARY: £26,000 - £30,000 plus excellent benefits | TYPE: Permanent - Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Events and Hospitality Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based at The Signet Library, one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian buildings.
Our prestigious client base knows they can trust us to deliver a turnkey service from start to finish, and our reputation for professionalism, innovation and sheer artistry means we have won a plethora of awards.
Reporting in to the General Manager you will support with the full hospitality we have on offer at the venue. This includes the finest afternoon teas in our colonnades restaurant and the delivery of the events including weddings, conferences and private dining.
You will be experienced in managing a team and demonstrate a real passion for food and catering bringing to life your love of our industry to our client and customers.
This is a truly exceptional role, working in an amazing venue, delivering first class events throughout the year.
At Heritage Portfolio our people not only look after our customers and clients, they are the heart and soul of our business. Renowned for being a cut above the rest, we would love for you to join the team.
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for The Signet Library contracts are in place
- To understand and articulate service offers to venue clients, customers and the Heritage Portfolio team
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- To play an active part within the wider events team – contribute to team activities, discussions and decisions to grow and improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To recruit, train and develop team members as appropriate to their job role
- Provide yourself as the Heritage Portfolio Senior management point of contact for the venue
- On a day to day basis assist the WS Society and The Signet team with ensuring areas are ready for site visits
- For a full list of responsibilities please review the Sodexo job page
The Ideal Candidate
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Demonstrable experience in a high-volume catering environment
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- Ability to motivate a team of mixed abilities and personalities
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point Email
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.