You are here
A helping hand at Hogmanay
One of our more unusual annual fixtures happens at Hogmanay. It’s not a fabulous food fest taking place in beautiful surroundings but it’s still one of our favourite events: feeding the Lothian and Borders police as they patrol the streets of Edinburgh keeping tens of thousands of revellers safe. Heritage Portfolio has been providing hearty fare for around 400 police officers during the New Year celebrations for the last 10 years or so. Relying on the fellow generosity of companies who allow us to use their city centre offices as ‘drop in and stoke up’ food stations, a warming slice of pie or steaming bowl of soup can make all the difference at 10pm between shifts, on a freezing (and noisy) night of partying.
We’re delighted to support Edinburgh’s hard-working force at this time of year, and hats off to our own team for giving up their time to help out. Bet the NYPD don’t get pies as good as ours. . .
LATEST NEWS ITEMS
- Happy World Whisky Day
- A Heritage Portfolio Royal Wedding
- Picnic in style this Stobo Ladies Day
- Meet our Heritage Portfolio Private Team
- Meet our Heritage Portfolio sales team
- Check out our new Spring/Summer menu!
- What the Heritage Portfolio family were up to in 2017
- Celebrate Veganuary with this delicious cake