Heritage Portfolio Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Heritage Portfolio Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22 August 2008.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The Heritage Portfolio website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Heritage Portfolio Ltd, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Heritage Portfolio Ltd will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Heritage Portfolio website.
Heritage Portfolio Ltd does not warrant that functions contained in the Heritage Portfolio website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Heritage Portfolio website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
This accessibility statement was last updated: January 2015
The Heritage Portfolio website follows guidelines on accessibility set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
As a minimum standard, this site has been designed to meet all Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, W3C World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation 11 December 2008, Level A and Level AA Success Criteria. Many of the guidelines listed as level three (required for an AAA rating) also contain some requirements that are important in practice, and we have attempted to achieve as many of these level-three guidelines as practical in the design and implementation.
Resizing text in your browser
Please note that you can resize text using your browser.
For Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, select Zoom from the View menu.
For Chrome, go to the spanner icon and change the zoom options or hold the Control key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
If you are using another browser, please refer to your browser help to learn how to resize text.
The website uses W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) technologies, wherever possible.
Pages validate as HTML5 and CSS level 3.
The site also makes use of the following non-W3C technologies:
Portable Document Format (PDF): Certain documents on this site are available only in this format, which requires you to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
If you cannot access the information in any PDF document please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Portfolio Ltd is committed to making its websites accessible to all people, regardless of ability.
We will continue to closely monitor developments and changes in WAI guidelines and general website best practice.
If you feel that this website could be easier to use, or you have difficulty accessing any information, or find that any part of the site is not accessible, please email email@example.com
1. CANCELLATION POLICY
Should you require to cancel your booking with us the following policy will apply:
Date of Cancellation Cancellation charge payable by you
More than 12 weeks before the event is scheduled to take place 25% of the total booking value
Between 12 & 6 weeks before the event is scheduled to take place 50% of total booking value
Less than 6 weeks before the event is scheduled to take place 90% of total booking value
Within 14 working days of the scheduled event date 100% of total booking value
· The cancellation charges detailed above are expressed exclusive of any applicable VAT.
· In the event that the client cancels a booking that Heritage Portfolio Ltd has made on its behalf, for entertainment, audio visual
equipment, furniture or otherwise, all cancellation charges shall be met by the client
2. COULD HERITAGE PORTFOLIO LTD CANCEL MY BOOKING?
Only in the following exceptional circumstances:
· If any part of the event location is closed due to events beyond our control
· If you, or we, become insolvent, or in the case of the individual, become apparently insolvent
· If the booking, the persons associated with booking and/or the purpose of the event might damage the reputation of
Heritage Portfolio Ltd
· If Heritage Portfolio Ltd (acting reasonably) deems the location for the event to be unsafe or dangerous
· If Heritage Portfolio Ltd is not satisfied that sufficient insurance provision is held by the contracting client
3. FINAL / CHANGES OF NUMBERS/EVENT AMENDEMENTS
· The client must notify Heritage Portfolio Ltd in writing of its estimated final numbers to the nearest 10 guests 14 days before the
commencement of the function
· Final numbers must be given 7 working days before the commencement of the function. If this is not done the client will be
charged for the last number received or the actual number of guests catered for, whichever is the greater.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd cannot guarantee to supply service to numbers of guests arriving at a function in excess of the agreed
final number. if given less that 7 days notice.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd will endeavour to meet any client requests for changes or amendments to their bookings during the final 7 working days prior to their event, the costs for which will be borne by the client and will be subject to an admin fee of £25.00 plus vat per amendment.
4. PAYMENT / DEPOSITS
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd reserves the right to ask for a deposit to Confirm a Booking
· A payment request for the Total Estimated Charge of a function will be issued by Heritage Portfolio Ltd. Payment must be made by the client within 14 days of the date requested or prior to the event, whichever is earlier.
· Should the Payment Request be outstanding more than 14 days from the date of request or remain outstanding on the date of the
event, then Heritage Portfolio Ltd may treat the Confirmed Booking as being cancelled by the client, our Cancellation Policy will
then be applied.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd reserves the right to retain any payments previously made by the client in relation to the specific function in
accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
· All payments requests and invoices must be paid in full without set off whatsoever
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% per month above the base rate of the Bank of Scotland
from the due date of payment until the date on which the outstanding amount is paid in full.
· Payments may be made by Cheque or BACS. We are happy to accept MasterCard, Visa or a Debit Card, these can only be accepted if presented in person and authorized by clients PIN; credit card payments will be subject to a 2% processing fee being the charge levied by our card processor; except in the case of post event incidentals under £500 where no processing fee will be applied.
5. CONDUCT OF GUESTS
· The client shall be responsible for the orderly conduct of the function and shall ensure that nothing shall be done which may
constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance or be an infringement of or occasion or render possible forfeiture or
endorsement of any licence for the sale of alcohol or for music and dancing. Failure to do so shall entitle Heritage Portfolio Ltd to
require the offending individual(s) to leave the function and shall constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions of trading.
· You will indemnify us against any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) which we may suffer or incur
and against any claims brought against us as a result of any act or omission of either you or your guests or as a result of any
defect in equipment supplied by either you or your guests.
· The client will be responsible for any damage to the property of Heritage Portfolio Ltd caused by it or its guests during the function.
· Smoking is not permitted within any of the company premises or at any event catered by the company in accordance with
the “Smoking, Health and Social Care (Scotland) Act 2006; you will be responsible for the conduct of all guests to ensure that this
legislation is strictly adhered to. Failure to do so shall entitle Heritage Portfolio Ltd to require the offending individual(s) to leave the
function and shall constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions of trading and may result in the relevant authorities imposing
a Fixed Penalty £50 Fine on each individual.
6. BEVERAGE SALES
· If you choose to pay for drinks on a consumption basis, we can provide you with an estimate before your event. The final invoice will, however, be
charged on a consumption basis. We can provide drinks according to a fixed budget if this budget is agreed in writing prior to the event.
· Should you wish Heritage Portfolio Ltd to operate a cash bar and apply for an occasional licence, a minimum of 42 weekdays notice is required and you
are liable for the cost incurred by Heritage Portfolio Ltd in obtaining the licence which is subject to Licensing Board approval and cannot be guaranteed by Heritage Portfolio Ltd. You will be responsible for the orderly conduct of the guests and will ensure that their behaviour in no way jeopardises any liquor licence in force during the time of the event.
7. EQUIPMENT USE
· Should you wish to bring your own equipment to the location, you must ensure it has been tested and is safe to use, all electrical equipment must have a valid PAT (Portable Appliance Test) certificate. Heritage Portfolio Ltd accepts no liability for any equipment you bring to the event location and we would ask you to comply with all relevant statutory legislation.
8. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES
· All prices are quoted on the basis of suitable and sufficient catering facilities or areas being made available to us. You must notify us at least 10 weekdays in advance of your event if you require Heritage Portfolio Ltd to provide any catering facilities or areas. Additional charges may be levied where no such facilities or areas exist.
· You are liable for all costs resulting from breakages and loss or damage to any equipment or fixtures and fittings not caused by Heritage Portfolio Ltd.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd will make every effort to provide you with the menu of your choice. If for any reason, such as seasonal change or unavailability
of produce, this proves impractical, Heritage Portfolio Ltd will contact you as soon as possible to discuss a substitute menu. Providing the substitute
is reasonable, you will not be entitled by that reason alone to cancel the order.
· Please note that menu prices are subject to change due to seasonal influences. Heritage Portfolio Ltd reserves the right to alter menu prices
· Upon request the company is happy to offer a menu tasting for up to 4 guests to assist you in the planning process of your event, this will be provided
at a set charge of £100.00 plus vat per tasting, providing your event proceeds. Should your event, for whatever reason not proceed following your menu tasting a charge of £250.00 plus vat will be levied.
· Prices for the catering services apply to the customer’s estimate of the number of guests attending the function. Heritage Portfolio Ltd will re-price
events if the number of persons who attend the event differs from the customer’s said estimate by more that 5%. Heritage Portfolio Ltd will endeavour
to include all necessary costs in the original quote. If, however, additional equipment, crockery and cutlery and staffing requirements become
apparent after the original quote, the client will be charged for these.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd’s prices are non commissionable
· Unless otherwise stated all prices quoted by Heritage Portfolio Ltd exclude VAT.
· Staffing charges included in prices are based on “normal” scenario. It may be necessary to increase the staffing level should circumstances dictate.
Any price alteration will be notified to the client in advance of the event.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd reserves the right to alter prices quoted if Heritage Portfolio Ltd’s costs are increased due to special circumstances beyond
Heritage Portfolio Ltd’s control, such as charged commodity costs, liquor duties or the event running on beyond the agreed timings. Any such price
alterations will be kept to a minimum and will be notified to the client in advance of the event.
· It is the client’s responsibility to make all necessary bookings and reservations to ensure that the venue for the function is available to Heritage
Portfolio Ltd for a reasonable time in advance of, for the duration of and after the event. The client must also ensure the venue is suitable for the
provision of the catering services requested. The client is responsible for ensuring that the said venue complies with health & safety regulations that
are appropriate to the venue.
· In the event that the venue is deemed unsuitable we will make all reasonable efforts to relocate to an alternative suitable venue, in such
circumstances the client agrees to reimburse us for all additional costs incurred.
· In the event that we are prevented from gaining access to the venue chosen by the client for whatever reason, we will having made all reasonable
efforts to gain normal access treat the event as having been cancelled by the client, our standard cancellation policy will be applied.
· It is the client’s responsibility to adhere to the Scottish Offices Environmental & Natural Resources PAN:56 Planning & Noise. Full details can be found
15. DELIVERY CHARGE
· Outside Catering Events will be subject to a delivery charge within the Edinburgh city zone of £25.00 + vat per booking. Deliveries outwith this zone will be subject to an individual quotation.
· The client shall indemnify the company and its Directors, Officers and Employees against all charges, claims, damage, liabilities, proceedings, demands, fines, fees, costs or expenses (to include legal expenses) including but not limited to, loss or goodwill, loss of profit of opportunity suffered by Heritage Portfolio Ltd directly and indirectly as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Trading and /or the negligence or willful default of the client or any of its guests.
The client shall ensure that it has sufficient insurance provision in place to meet any and all claims levelled against it; Heritage Portfolio reserves the right to request a copy of client’s insurance details in advance of an event to satisfy itself that sufficient cover is in place.
· Heritage Portfolio may cancel an event if it does not consider that sufficient insurance provision is held by a client in order to indemnify the company fully.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd may rescind its contract with the client if it is prevented, hindered or delayed from performing any of its obligations under the contract by a Force Majeure event.
· Heritage Portfolio Ltd accepts no responsibility for items left or stored during any event at which it is contracted to cater. The client should ensure that they have sufficient insurance provision in place to meet any and all claims levelled against it and shall indemnify the company and its Directors, Officers and Employees against all charges, claims, damage, liabilities, proceedings, demands, fines, fees, costs or expenses.
17. USE OF INFORMATION
· Information that we acquire from our clients will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed other than in the normal course of performing services on our client’s behalf unless their consent has been obtained or the information is required by a Court of competent jurisdiction or is already in the public domain or it has been received from a third party whom we reasonably believe is permitted to supply such information to us.
· Information supplied by clients may be used for research and statistical purposes and may also be used to provide clients with information about products and services that we believe could be of interest. Clients may remove themselves from such mailings by writing to The Data Controller, Heritage Portfolio Ltd,49 North Fort Street, Edinburgh, EH6 4HJ.
JUST CALL OR CLICK
0131 555 2229