You are here
Running our business and events in an ethical and non-wasteful way has always been a central part of our philosophy; so you could say that we have been pioneering sustainability since the very beginning, even before ‘green’ issues became a hot topic.
We have been championing local and seasonal food for years, and by doing so reduce food miles and support British farmers whenever we can.
Our responsibility for reducing the impact of our activities on the environment is taken very seriously, hence our formal policy below which outlines our commitment. We are also very proud of our status as a Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award Holder (www.green-business.co.uk) which recognises our work towards minimising operational impacts on the environment through resource conservation and environmentally sound practices.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Heritage Portfolio will:
- Ensure that we meet or exceed all relevant and current environmental legislation regarding our business operations;
- Strive to ensure that all of our wastes are handled, stored and disposed of as required not only by legislation but as examples of best practice.
- Work to recycle and reduce the amount of waste produced, in terms of both office and catering waste and waste produced at the events we organise;
- Investigate measures which would reduce the consumption of raw materials (especially water, electricity and gas);
- Strive to minimise the risk of pollutant disposal to water, land and air;
- Provide appropriate training to our employees and event staff to enable them to implement this environmental policy;
- Exercise control, as far as is possible, over the environmental impacts arising as a result of work being undertaken on our behalf by our suppliers and maintenance contractors.
Heritage Portfolio will endeavour to increase environmental awareness and understanding within the workforce in order to meet the above aims.
As part of our commitment to the environment, we respectfully ask all our visitors to support Our Visitor Charter.