You are here
A helping hand at Hogmanay
One of our more unusual annual fixtures happens at Hogmanay. It’s not a fabulous food fest taking place in beautiful surroundings but it’s still one of our favourite events: feeding the Lothian and Borders police as they patrol the streets of Edinburgh keeping tens of thousands of revellers safe. Heritage Portfolio has been providing hearty fare for around 400 police officers during the New Year celebrations for the last 10 years or so. Relying on the fellow generosity of companies who allow us to use their city centre offices as ‘drop in and stoke up’ food stations, a warming slice of pie or steaming bowl of soup can make all the difference at 10pm between shifts, on a freezing (and noisy) night of partying.
We’re delighted to support Edinburgh’s hard-working force at this time of year, and hats off to our own team for giving up their time to help out. Bet the NYPD don’t get pies as good as ours. . .
LATEST NEWS ITEMS
- A Glamorous Night of Fashion and Flavour!
- Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight 2023: Meet Our Trusted Suppliers!
- Intimate Culinary Experience at The Signet Library
- Our Partnership With Peter Sawkins At The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Assembly Rooms Sustainability Event
- Our local farm-to-fork pork supplier
- Buffalo Farm visit
- Champagne Academy Scottish Dinner