You are here
Let's celebrate World Baking Day!
VEGAN COFFEE & PECAN CAKE from Café Modern One
Delicious cake alert! We find it hard to resist the temptation to make a slightly-oversized triple layer cakes from time to time. The coffee buttercream is incredibly creamy and light, and the dark, nutty sponge has just the right level of coffee to be a strong flavour without turning bitter. Download the recipe here.
The bakers at Café Modern One and Two combined have 40 years of experience between them. They love experimenting with new recipes and ingredients adding their own personal touch to recipes.
GLUTEN FREE LEMON & AVOCADO CAKE from Café Portrait
Yvonne, our amazing café manager at Café Portrait doubles up as an incredible baker as well! ‘Doing the baking at Café Portrait makes me so happy because I love making the counter look good and customers absolutely love it!’ She’s been passionate about baking since she was a little girl baking with her mum.
This lemon and avocado cake is one of her favourites because it’s not only delicious ad healthy but it is also gluten free! Download the recipe here.
At our cafes we always try to expand the selection of non-gluten-containing, dairy-free and vegan dishes and bakes so everyone can have a treat!
LATEST NEWS ITEMS
- A Glamorous Night of Fashion and Flavour!
- Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight 2023: Meet Our Trusted Suppliers!
- Intimate Culinary Experience at The Signet Library
- Our Partnership With Peter Sawkins At The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Assembly Rooms Sustainability Event
- Our local farm-to-fork pork supplier
- Buffalo Farm visit
- Champagne Academy Scottish Dinner