You are here
Casual Hospitality Event Staff
LOCATION: Edinburgh | SALARY: £10.50 per hour | TYPE: Casual
At Heritage Portfolio we have an established reputation for creating stylish, memorable, and glamorous events across Scotland. As a multi-award-winning organisation, we have fantastic opportunities throughout our business for talented and passionate individuals.
As part of our front of house events team, you will be delivering outstanding service in some of Edinburgh’s best venues including The National Museum of Scotland, the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Musselburgh Racecourse & The Palace of Holyrood House. No two days are the same; we cater for weddings, corporate events, family celebrations, race days and much more.
Our work is flexible, which means you can book in for as much or as little as you want each week; this works well for those with other commitments (e.g., university classes or other job commitments). It’s also a great way to meet like-minded people, who often become friends for life. We have a variety of weekday and weekend events; shift lengths vary from 4 hours to 14 hours.
Previous experience in hospitality is beneficial, but not essential. We hire based on personality and passion, so no previous hospitality experience is required. We can teach you everything you need to know.
What you’ll do:
- Serving guests in a friendly, welcoming, and efficient manner while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in the set-up and cleardown of function areas, ensuring table settings are correct and polished.
- Welcoming guests, taking orders, and serving food & beverages to guests.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and tables.
- Ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Care about customer satisfaction and deliver the optimal client service experience.
- Help answer questions regarding food and beverage menu options and related items.
What you'll bring:
- Positive attitude, being friendly yet professional
- 18+ due to the licensing restrictions
- A team player with the ability to work in a busy environment
- Good attention to detail and punctuality
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
What’s in it for you:
- Pay starting from £10.50ph, paid weekly
- Accrue holiday pay as you work
- Flexible working to fit around you
- Amazing opportunities for development
- Monthly staff incentives
- Meals on shift
- Refer a friend scheme
Only those with a right to work in the UK will be considered
Heritage Portfolio Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer