You are here
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.heritageportfolio.co.uk (our site).
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- Our site is only for users in the UK
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
www.heritageportfolio.co.uk is a site operated by Heritage Portfolio Limited (”We”). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC234207 and have our registered office at Hopetoun House, South Queensferry, West Lothian, EH30 9SL. We are a limited company. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 0330 1233 885.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
If you purchase services from our us either directly, or via our site, our Terms and Conditions for Events will apply to the sale and delivery of these services.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time without prior notice to reflect changes to our products, venues, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
OUR SITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN OR VISITING THE UK
Whilst our site may be distributed internationally and may include worldwide business activities, our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. As a result, we do not represent that content, products or services available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations, or that we are planning to make such content, products or services available in other locations.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and where the “Sodexo” name and logo are used on our site these are registered trademarks worldwide. In addition, any brands mentioned on our site are also registered. All such rights are reserved. You are not permitted to use any of the intellectual property rights in our site, unless you are permitted to do so under this section.
You may print off a one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your non-commercial personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Similarly, partial or complete reproduction by electronic or mechanical means without our express written consent shall be deemed counterfeiting and is illegal.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged when printing off or downloading or otherwise using any materials published on our site.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, free from errors complete or up to date and we disclaim our liability for the same.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors for whom we are vicariously liable and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions for Events.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
If any provision of these terms are held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
HERITAGE PORTFOLIO 2023 CHRISTMAS SOCIAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promoter’s Name and Address
1. The Promotor is Heritage Portfolio Limited of 49 North Fort Street, Edinburgh EH6 4HJ.
How to Participate
2. This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
3. This competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, its families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
4. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
5. To take part in this competition enter the competition on Heritage Portfolio’s Instagram channel @heritageportfolio by liking the competition post, tagging a friend in the comments, and sharing the post to your stories by the closing date.
6. Entries through agents or third parties, including entries automatically generated by computer; completed by third parties or in bulk; illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; photocopies and not originals; or incomplete will not be accepted.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit of the competition.
Start Date and Closing Date
9. The competition will run from Friday 1st December 2023 to Saturday 23rd December 2023 (inclusive) (“Competition Period”) with a different prize being offered every other day during the Competition Period. In respect of each individual prize entries to win that prize will be permitted between 10:00am (“Opening Date”) to 22:00pm (“Closing Date”) on the relevant day the prize is published.
10. All entries for a prize must be received by the Closing Date for the relevant prize (or such other date as the Promoter may specify). All entries received after the relevant Closing Date will not be accepted and will be automatically disqualified.
11. The Promoter does not accept liability for network, computer, hardware, software failures or technical failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay you submitting an entry by the Closing Date.
Selection of the Winner
12. Winners will be chosen at random by software. The winner will be selected from all entries received within the specified timeframe.
The prizes are as follows (one prize is available per day of the competition as published):
- Champagne Afternoon tea for two at Colonnades, the Signet Library Edinburgh
- Two tickets to the New Year’s Day race day at Musselburgh racecourse
- Afternoon tea for two at Café Portrait
- Two tickets to a foodie masterclass taking place at Café Portrait in 2024 on one of the following dates: 7th March 2024, 6th June 2024, 26th September 2024, or 21st November 2024.
- A magnum of Pommery Champagne
- Gift voucher for a Winter Warmer afternoon tea for two at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Coffee and cakes for two at Paolozzi’s Kitchen in the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two
- Lunch for two at V&A Dundee up to the value of £40
- A membership for two people at the National Galleries of Scotland
- Two tickets to the Perth Racecourse Festival race day on 24th April 2024
- Lunch for two at Café Modern One in the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One up to the value of £40
- Two day passes for Hopetoun House and grounds with Afternoon tea for Two in the Stables Kitchen during 2024 season.
There will be one winner selected for each prize. There is no cash alternative to the prize. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Notification of the Results and receipt of the Prize
14. Each winner will be notified via Direct Mail on Instagram within 48 hours of the Closing Date for the individual prize published during the Competition Period. .
15. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact each winner. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner or if a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement winner in accordance with clause 12 above.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on entrants and we will not enter into any further correspondence.
17. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. The name of each prize winner can be obtained for a period of one month after the notification date by writing to us at the email address set out below and stating the name and date of the competition.
19. All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt.
Agreement to terms and conditions
20. By entering and submitting a competition entry you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will retain the surname and county of major prize winners for one month following the closing date OR send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org .
23. If you object to any or all of the details of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
25. The prize cannot be claimed by any third parties on your behalf.
26. For help with entries, please contact Erin Cowley – firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. This competition, any dispute or claim arising out of or conjunction with it, and these terms and conditions shall be governed by Scottish law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.